Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An Itch To Start From Scratch

I talked to Mary!  She's fine, baby boy is fine and so are all those brothers.  She does; however have router problems.  I think she thinks she can pull out a hairpin, hot glue and a cell phone battery and make it work.  I personally think she should head to Walmart and get a new router.  At the very least it will keep her from getting shocked or hacking into a satellite system and learning more about the pathetic state our world is in. 

But, in our conversation I soon realize she has gone Caroline Ingalls on us.  Which is great, because I love doing things the old fashioned way.  Or, at the very least learning how and never doing it again.  But we were talking and she so bluntly says,"I've decided it's stupid to buy anything whose main ingredients are flour and water."  I did the happy, amen dance!  We'll keep you posted with pictures and our own personal critiques of our attempts at virtually everything from scratch.  This will include soap, detergent, fabric softener and any food imaginable. 

But, the trick will be to keep her and my other dear friend, Debi separated.  Debi likes to do everything the "free" way.  We made our own pots from newspapers to start our seeds in.  Bet you can't guess where we got our newspapers...if you can't guess, you really should be reading this blog more. 

I can see it now, poor MalPal, she'll be entertaining 8 boys while us mothers attempt true grit home making.  I hope she doesn't see this, she'll be packing up and moving in with our neighbor Sarah.  Have a blessed evening and stay tuned as we feature our attempted feats!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment