Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mary Mary, quite contrary -
Where did your posts go?
Your baby's ears are red
And you haven't been to bed...
But we miss your charm and wit -
So please don't quit!

Anyone else out there miss Mary?  I haven't even talked to her on the phone for days, so shoot up a prayer for sweet little baby boy and for momma too.  He's been rather sick with ear infections, but I'm sure this will give her lots of material to post on! 

My fondest memory of my darling daughter was when she was about a year and a half.  She was terribly sick and had been running a temperature of about 100-103 for a couple of days. We basically did nothing but cuddle and rock during the whole time.  She had even lost her voice and it sounded like a raspy whisper or a lot like those that have the voice translator they have to hold up to their neck to talk.  Honest.

Late one night as I rock her and pray she woke up out of her sleep.  I gave her a drink of water and she reached up and patted my cheek with her warm little toddler hand.  Then she said, " Nice Mommy, Nice Mommy."  Only, she didn't say the first letter of her words, so it sounded more like, "Ice Ommy, Ice Ommy."  I will cherish that moment forever. 

At that  point, I knew without a doubt that God had truly appointed me to be her caretaker.  Children are not accessories for your lifestyle that fit neatly by your side like a matching handbag.  They are blessings from the Creator of the Universe.  Nothing you do will ever be as important as raising your children with love, patience, acceptance, understanding, discipline, consequences for their actions, consistency and faith in Jesus Christ.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment