Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trading dough for dough

My favorite small kitchen appliance would have to be the breadmaker.  Many choose the kitchenaid mixer, coffeepot or the food processor.  I however, adore my breadmaker.  Mostly because of the large amounts of money it saves me each day. 

A loaf of bread, the real whole wheat healthy kind costs well over $3 at the grocery store.  I can stick in all the ingredients and press one buttom - voila! I have bread.  Even if I just put it on the dough cycle, while it is mixing, kneading, rising and kneading some more I can accomplish a mountain of tasks.  I can vaccuum, do my make up, rearrange a sock drawer, fold and put away a load of laundry and clean the kitchen. Then I hear the magical beep that means it is my turn to take over.  I take out the dough place in a pan or roll into a french loaf and with 10 - 15 minutes of letting it rise and baking it for 20 more minutes in the oven I have amazing, home made bread.  Plus, the cost of making a loaf of bread (aside from electricity) is about 40 cents.  Which means every time I make a loaf of bread I have saved $2.60.  Now, if we want to take that further I have saved about $7.80 per week and $405.60 in a year's time!  Not to mention all the times I take that dough, roll it out add some cinnamon and sugar, roll it back up, cut it, put it in a pan and call it cinnamon rolls rather than buying them. 

The part I love the most is the fact that while this strange small appliance is banging away and making all sorts of strange noises it is doing all the work and saving me serious dough (pun intended) while I run around and do other things.  No more flour smudged face, tired arms and frustration.  Not for me - I use the amazing bread machine!  This is definitely one appliance, should it ever quit, I will make a point to purchase another right away. 

Some pointers would be to look for bread machines that come with a cookbook so you aren't buying expensive preboxed bread mixes from the store.  Also, look for bread machines that may have a multipurpose, mine also has the ability to make butter - and different recipes of butter are also included in the cookbook.  Look for one that has the multiple cycles as well.  This way you can take the dough out when it is finished to do other things or leave it in to bake inside the machine.  Feel free to check out our Amazon links and search for various bread machines.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment