Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Breaking The Chains: Link1

Okay Marys, the first order of business for the new "organized" you, is to commit this change to the Lord....I sometimes think that we (or at least I) start thinking that God has way more important things to worry about than me being on top of my to do list. But that is a foolish belief. He wants to be in every part of our lives-including mundane household chores. He wants us to live in peace and enjoy the family he gave us and fellowship with other believer. So,  if days of dirty dishes, piles of laundry and ceiling fan fuzz falling down on you during supper (this has never happened to us, although it is highly possible IF I had a ceiling fan over my table table! )is keeping you from this-then you better believe he wants to be the in middle of it!! It is no accident that this domestic discourse was included in his "Love Letter" to us. He knew that there would be "Desperate Housewives" way before Hollywood thought of it! Mary and Martha struggled with the balance of multi-tasking so many things-and that was two-thousand years before soccer practice, piano lessons, Wednesday night youth group and the list of demand and directions we are pulled in this modern age goes on and on. So first things first, ask God for direction and commit that you will start each day with him-I am going to include some links to some sites where you can sign up for an email of a "verse of a day" or a simple 15 minute bible study sent right to your phone or e-mail. Some times at my house my morning time with the Lord is that quick bible verse in my email box, my mp3 player blaring with praise and worship music; asking Jesus to tag along with me as I do my thing praying and praising!
The links I recommend:


Powered by 4 http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/P4homepage.html
The Daily Bible http://www.everydaybible.com/


A book that  I also would highly recommend is Taking Care of the Me in Mommy: Becoming a Better Mom: Spirit, Body & Soul by Lisa Welchel-that you can get from Amazon, either in paperback or as an e-reader. ( Yes, to all you X's out there, that is Blair from the facts of Life-I was shocked and slightly offended once when I found out that my just this month turning 30 year old sister had never even heard of Blair, Jo, or the Facts of Life" That's just wrong! It wasn't that long ago!) This book was full of great tips for making time to be with the Lord, your hubby, hobbies and lots of great household tips, that I use almost everyday.


So now that we agree that real change comes form the Lord and that he is going to be Head Coach in this "Chain Breaking"  endeavor, you must also realize that this will not happen overnight.  We are going to be trying to reverse (in most cases) a lifetime of bad habits. Just like a successful diet, it is a slow life style change that you have to commit to and not a crash course-we are breaking years of chains, it is not going to happen overnight!

Your First Assignment Today is to make a list of the top things that get you the furthest behind, not only in the house, but your budget and other areas that stress you out- if you do not do them or stay on top of them, here is a list of mine, but yours may be different:

1. Making sure I go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday ( I know that stinks-but that really is a biggy, it is amazing how over sleeping 15 minutes can change the course of the day!)

2.Starting the day with a clean sink and the dish washer empty and ready to start the day

3. Not only keeping the laundry washed, but folded and put away.

4. Making sure I have a meal plan for the week, coupons organized, and groceries in the house.

5. Making sure I have my checkbook up to date with  both Shane and I's recent purchases.

6. Taking the time to  look at tomorrow's list and lay out all the thing I need for the next day, be it clothes, meat for a crock-pot meal, Shane's lunch or any thing that would help the morning go smoother

That's really about it. If I can make sure those things get done-the rest seems to fall into place-So Marthas' quit laughing-and Marys' start on your list, My next post will tell you what to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment